Data Privacy and Protection Policy for Palpung Dharma Chakra
Coverage: unless a variant is established, this policy covers all Palpung Dharma Chakra digital properties.
Definitions: The data protection declaration of Palpung Dharma Chakra is based on the terms used by the European legislator for the adoption of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our data protection declaration should be legible and understandable for the general public, as well as our customers and business partners. To ensure this, we would like to first explain the terminology used. In this data protection declaration, we use, inter alia, the following terms:
- Personal data: Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- Data subject: Data subject is any identified or identifiable natural person, whose personal data is processed by the controller responsible for the processing.
- Processing: Processing is any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- Restriction of processing: Restriction of processing is the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their processing in the future.
- Profiling: Profiling means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects concerning that natural person’s performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movements.
- Pseudonymisation: Pseudonymisation is the processing of personal data in such a manner that the personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the use of additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separately and is subject to technical and organisational measures to ensure that the personal data are not attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Controller or controller responsible for the processing: Controller or controller responsible for the processing is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
- Processor: Processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
- Recipient: Recipient is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.
- Third party: Third party is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
- Consent: Consent of the data subject is any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
Name and Address of the controller: Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
Palpung Dharma Chakra
2651 Côte de St Julien
When does Palpung Dharma Chakra collect personal information?
We collect information from you when you register for a Palpung Dharma Chakra event or program or when you create a Palpung Dharma Chakra Account in the Palpung Dharma Chakra Database (SDB), subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, register for a program , place an order, or enter information on one of our sites to provide us with feedback of some sort.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our websites?
What personal information do we collect from the people that:
- register for an event organized by Palpung Dharma Chakra organization
- create or update a Palpung Dharma Chakra Account
- subscribe to a Newsletter
When registering for a Palpung Dharma Chakra event on our websites or when you create a Palpung Dharma Chakra Account in Palpung Dharma Chakra Database, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to process your record and to help Palpung Dharma Chakra provide you with training or support, depending on the program or curriculum in which you are enrolled.
What personal information do we collect from the people that donate on our websites?
When donating on our websites, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information (only 4 last digits of CC number are stored in our database) or other details to process your donation and help you with your experience.
How do we use your information?
When you register, create an account, make a purchase, sign up for one of our newsletters, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse our web pages, or use certain other site features we may use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To process your registrations or payments such as dues
- To track your participation in our curriculum or other programs
- To assign your meditation practice or study authorization level or access to restricted content
- To assign and record your teaching authorization level, your role as a volunteer or other kind of participation in Palpung Dharma Chakra organization
- To allow you manage your email subscriptions and other communication with Palpung Dharma Chakra including participation in community forums
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and program offerings for which you are qualified or in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website or other offerings in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a survey or other site feature.
- To follow up with them after correspondence ( email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of authorized persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We use regular malware scanning.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to your Personally Identifiable Information to non-Palpung Dharma Chakra entities unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our websites, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- Can change your personal information: By logging in to your Palpung Dharma Chakra account
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email de contact or Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence you specify
Palpung Dharma Chakra
2651 côte de St Julien
Mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
EFFECTIVE DATE – 2020-03-01